When you need to find a commercial painter, the process can sometimes be overwhelming. Typically, there are so many options for you to choose from! It can be hard to narrow down the list if you don’t know what to look for. When you’re looking for a commercial painter, you want to make sure they have the skills necessary to do the job right the first time. Here are the traits you should look for to find one.
To find a commercial painter that is skilled, you want to look for the following:
- Do they have previous examples of their work online?
- If they have older jobs featured online, it means they’re proud of the work they’ve done, and that they have the customer’s permission to share it (which means that the customer was happy)!
- What kind of reviews are on their website/social media accounts?
- This is going to give you an idea of the overall satisfaction level of their previous customers. It can also tell you how they handle problems. For example, if a customer has a complaint, which the company resolved to the customer’s satisfaction, typically the customer is going to include this in their review.
- Is there a wide variety of completed projects?
- This means they have the know-how to handle many different kinds of project and aren’t just a one-horse show. You don’t want to hire someone that only paints cinder block walls to handle your steel exterior.
- Are they insured?
- One of the most important traits: whoever you hire must have insurance. Hiring an uninsured painter is just asking for trouble. Insurance is twofold – it protects you, the business owner, and it protects the painters. For example, if a painter is injured on your property, and their company is uninsured, that will fall to your insurance to cover. It also protects your business if the painter makes a mistake, or if there is any property damage from their work.
- Do they give a detailed estimate and schedule?
- A skilled painter will be able to look at the job, the current condition of the structure, and determine exactly what steps need to be taken, and how long it’s going to take to complete the job. They can break the whole process down for you so you know exactly what you’re paying for. If a painter just sends a bill without any explanation for their process or the time it will take? Buyer beware…
Looking out for these things and choosing a skilled painter will save you a lot of time and money. They’ll get the job done right the first time, and you won’t have to go find another company to fix their mistakes. If you’re in the market for a skilled commercial painter, call JMA Painters!