One of the common problems of business owners is the cleaning of the exterior part of their building. Since cleaning the exterior part of a building is hard to do, people generally prefer to hire a cleaning company because of its complete arsenal of tools and expert personnel who can do the job quickly. As a business owner, you should maintain the cleanliness of your building. Especially if your paint is prone to dirt and mold. It is important to get rid of the mold in the paint as early as possible because it can stain and damage your paint job over time.
It is very annoying that the mold will spoil the radiance and beauty of the paint on your exterior. There are some things you can do to stop the mold from spreading. These are simple ways to get rid of the mold on your walls. You may use bleach, soap, vinegar and water. But make sure to wear safety gear like gloves and safety goggles. Always be careful when applying the bleach, as it is a corrosive.
Molds often appear in moist areas. Hence, cleaning the whole area is a must. If not all of the mold is removed, the left over mold will simply continue to spread, even over the area you just cleaned. If you can’t reach the higher areas of your building, it is time to hire a cleaning company. Hiring them has a big advantage because they have specialized tools that can easily get rid of the mold, such as pressure washers and scrubbers. They also have ladders that enable them to get into all of the hard to reach places that a six foot step ladder doesn’t allow access to.
If you want to avoid this process entirely, you should use a moisture resistant paint. This paint inhibits the growth of mold, which keeps your exterior very manageable. Luckily, moisture resistant paint is available in all hardware stores. Again, if you do go with this type of paint, you have to ensure that you clean all existing mold, and then paint the entire affected area. If mold is a constant problem for you, you may want to consider having your exterior repainted with some moisture resistant paint. It will save lots of time and money in the long run. If you’d like more information on having moisture resistant paint applied, feel free to contact us here!